Before to the Women’s World Cup this summer, France was the target of a “violent and dishonest” smear campaign, according to coach Corinne Diacre.
Three players, including renowned captain Wendie Renard, recently declared they would not participate in future national team competitions.
Beginning on July 20, the World Cup will be jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand.
Diacre declared, “I’m committed to complete my task and, above all, to make France proud at the next World Cup.
Together with Jamaica, Brazil, and Panama, France is in Group F and will begin play on July 23.
At the World Cup, who will face England and the Republic of Ireland?
Renard, the 32-year-old defender who has made 142 appearances for her country, said she was taking a step back from the team “to safeguard my mental health”.
Afterwards, teammates Marie-Antoinette Katoto, 23, and Kadidiatou Diani, 27, also announced they would no longer represent France.
Paris St-Germain striker Katoto claimed she was “no longer in accord with the management of the French team nor the principles it supports”.
Diacre, a 48-year-old former defender for France, assumed management in 2017 and has made a number of controversial choices since then.
She removed Renard as captain in 2017 and left Katoto off the World Cup roster two years later.
Under her direction, France has failed to advance to a major championship game and was defeated by Germany in the Euro 2022 semifinals.
“I have been the subject of a smear campaign that is extraordinary in its savagery and dishonesty,” Diacre said in a statement posted by her lawyer.
“Four months before the World Cup, my critics have not shied away from attacking both my professional and personal integrity without regard for the facts.
“I will not… let myself be… impacted by this destabilization…,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,