An eight-year-old Australian boy died of suspected electrocution at a Fiji resort.

While on vacation in Fiji, an eight-year-old Australian boy died from suspected electrocution.

The boy, identified as Cairo Winitana from Sydney, was staying with his parents at the Club Wyndham Denarau Island Resort on Fiji’s main island’s west coast.

Last Thursday, he was discovered “motionless” near a flower garden at the hotel, according to Fiji police.

He was taken to a hospital in the nearby town of Nadi but was unable to be revived.

“Initial information gathered indicates that the child was allegedly electrocuted, but a post-mortem examination will be required to confirm that,” Fiji police said.

They also stated that the boy was a New Zealand citizen but a resident of Australia. According to a spokeswoman for New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, the family is receiving assistance.

“I loved you my son from the moment I found out I was carrying you and will love you forever more,” his mother Amber de Thierry wrote on Facebook.

According to an online fundraiser set up by a relative, the family now faces “the heartbreaking task” of bringing their son back to Australia.

“As you could all imagine this is a very devastating loss for our family”.

The Milperra Colts, where Cairo played, described him as “a shy, tough little kid who loved his footy” in a Facebook tribute.

The resort’s spokesperson called the death a “tragic accident” and expressed “heartfelt condolences” to the family.

According to the spokesperson, the resort will conduct a thorough investigation and will fully cooperate with police and local authorities.

Denarau Island, known for its luxury resorts and hotels, is located about 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) north-west of Nadi, Fiji’s third-largest city.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *